Senior Computer Scientist
Job Description and Responsibilities
This position requires a senior software engineer providing full system and software life-cycle support for incremental software functionality, web/graphic user interface development, and database support. The candidate should be self-motivated, enjoy working directly with the customer and with the end-users and value high quality software.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To be successful in this position, the candidate must have a minimum of 7 years with software development lifecycle experience; BS degree or related engineer/technology degree can substitute for 2 years; JAVA development experience; and Experience in Agile development methodology. In addition, the candidate should have the following required skills:
· Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years’ experience with designing, coding, testing, and debugging software to run under either Microsoft Windows (XP or later) or UNIX (Solaris 8 or later, Redhat LINUX) Operating System.
· Experience must include use of PL/SQL, Oracle Dataguard, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, Oracle Label Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and/or JDBC
Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in at least one (1) of the specializations:
· Programming/Scripting Languages: Individual shall have designed, coded, tested and debugged software written in C, C++, Java, PERL, TCL/TK, PYTHON, BOURNE shell, C shell, BASH, KORN shell, Groovy, PL/SQL, SQL, PHP.
· Database Management: Individual shall have experience in object-oriented or relational database design, development, troubleshooting, and testing, and management system experience with SYBASE, ORACLE or MySQL.
· Software Test/Integration: Individual shall have experience planning, developing, documenting and executing test programs to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements, writing and executing test procedures, documenting problem reports and defining test paths. In addition, experience is required in system analysis and data flow paths.
· Systems Interfacing: Individual shall have experience designing and developing SW that interfaces to other systems, to include networks.
· Data Formatting: Individual shall have experience in design and development of specialized applications software dealing with data in the NSA standard formats (e.g. CSDF, CERF, USSID 124, ASDF) or experience programming using the manipulation re-use libraries for those formats.
· Middleware (Business Tier): Individual shall have experience with one or more of the following: Hibernate, Tomcat, Jboss, EJB3, WebLogic 8.1, Apache Log4J, Rsync, jBPM
Frameworks: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: Spring, Grails.
· XML Technologies: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: JAXB, JIBX
· Development Environment: Individual shall have experience with the one or more of the following: Eclipse, ANT
TS/ SCI with Life Style Poly. Poly date should be within the last 5 years.
· Experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and Messaging Framework such as JMS, web services (REST, SOAP)
· Continuous Integration
· Experience with Oracle or other RDBMS
Mahlet Consulting, Inc is an equal opportunity employer