Network Security System Engineer
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will provide network security engineering support to the contract focusing on SIGINT systems interconnectivity. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following aspects of the system engineering function:
· Switches, routers, encryption devices, copper and fiber connectivity and protocols.
· Working with Cisco and Juniper devices, file storage applications in native and virtual environments.
· Primary responsibilities will include design, integration, test, operations, and maintenance of connecting networks.
· Support operational systems after-hours and on a call-in basis.
· Protocol support will include, but is not limited to TCP, UDP, RDP, DHCP, SSH, NTP, DNS, ARP, ICMP, SCP, and TFTP.
· Includes a fundamental understanding of access control list (ACL); network address translation (NAT); virtual private networking (VPN); public key infrastructure (PKI); and authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must have a BS degree in a technical field. Strong LINUX experience is required. A proactive attitude, strong customer service skills, and the ability to integrate into an existing technical team comprised of contractors and government customers are required. A Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification is highly desirable and can substitute for 1 year experience.
TS/ SCI with Life Style Poly. Poly date should be within the last 5 years.
Technical Skills Required:
· A Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification is highly desirable and can substitute for 1 year experience.
· All candidates must have a full-scope polygraph (CCA’s will be considered)
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in network security design.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience resolving complex network and security issues where in-depth evaluation and analysis may be required using network monitoring platforms, LAN/WAN test equipment, and log analyzers.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing installation and support of LAN/WAN based network security components, including firewalls and authentication (AAA) systems.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing networks with Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and security services, terminal servers, and Network Time Protocol (NTP) services.
· Knowledge of WAN Optimizers desired.
· Knowledge of intrusion detection system (IDS) rules is desirable.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience performing network and network security architecture, design, and integration on UNIX, Windows, Linux, or other Operating System (OS) configurations.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience with modern LAN/WAN networking concepts.
· Working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols to include EIGRP, BGP, and more desired.
· A minimum of 1 year experience with configuration, implementation and sustainment of IP Encryption devices.
Mahlet Consulting, Inc is an equal opportunity employer